The general voicemail greeting is used as the default voicemail greeting if no other type is set. Since you never know when this type of greeting will be played to callers, it is best to be brief and to avoid dates and timeframes for return calls. Remember, this voicemail greeting will be played for both external calls (originating from outside your company) and internal calls (people call from another extension within your company). Additionally, make sure you always adhere to the basic elements of good voicemail greeting.
Here are a few good general voicemail greeting examples:
- You have reached Tom Turner of TTCS Solutions. Unfortunately, I cannot take your call right now, but I would like to return it as soon as I can. So please leave me a message after the beep.
- This is Tom Turner, your guide to TTCS Solutions. I can’t answer the phone right now, but if you leave me a message with your name and phone number, I will return your call as soon as possible.
- You have reached Tom Turner at TTCS Solutions. I can’t take your call at this moment but please don’t hesitate to leave a message after the tone. I will return your call as soon as I am able. If you need immediate assistance, please call my secretary, Susan Jones, at extension 1213. Thank you for calling. Good Bye.
- You have reached Turner’s Total Communications, where we “Keep communities connected and protected”. This is Tom Turner. Unfortunately I can’t take your call right now, but if you leave me a message and include your name and telephone number, I will get back with you as soon as I can. If you would like, you can also contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for calling.
- You have reached Tom Turner. I cannot answer the phone right now but I will return your call as soon as I can. If this is regarding a recent order, please call our customer service department at 703-368-1111. They are available Monday thru Friday 8am until 5pm ET. Or, you can visit our web site at www.turnerstotalcomm.com that is available 24 hours a day Otherwise, please leave a message after the beep.
- Thank you for calling Turner’s Total Communications. You have reached the office of Tom Turner, president and owner. I am either talking with another client or I am away from my desk. If this is an emergency, please call my answering service at 703-368-1515, available 24 hours a day. Otherwise, please leave a detailed, confidential message after the tone and I will return your call when I am available. Thank You!